Season 2 is well underway. And from the beginning there were some questions and doubts on the new angle this season has taken. For instance, the points/loss bar that showed how much we gained/lost went out of the window.
Instead Rocket League introduced new Tiers and Divisions. And with this Season 2 update, Rocket League is giving the competitive players what they want. The new hierarchy will look like this:
Competitive/High Ranking players. Please take in account:
For players in the highest skill tier, instead of seeing a division number, you will see your actual Skill Rating regardless of if you are in the Top 100. Your skill rating will also appear on the League Rankings screen so you can easily gauge how far you have to go to reach the Top 100.
And that’s not the only thing worth mentioning from the post they made:
We want to fix two specific problems for players at the highest level of skill, currently in “Champion” tier:
The Champion Tier includes too wide of a range of player skills, and lacks the aspirational goal of reaching “Platinum” in Season 1.
Players in the Champion tier, but outside of the Top 100, have no way to gauge how far they have to go to reach the leaderboards.
For a full overview for the V1.11 patchnotes. Please visit rocketleague.psyonix.com
In short these are the headlines for this update:
- Ranked play Season 1 has ended and rewards will be given to all ranked participants bronze or above
- Ranked Season 2 play has begun (renamed to “Competitive Season 2″)
- The “Rocket Labs” experimental playlist is now available for casual Online play
- New Item Rarity system introduced, “Common” and “Uncommon” items can now be found after Online matches
- “Wasteland” arena has been added to Competitive Playlists
- “Snow Day” can now be played in Private Matches
- Performance has been improved in multiple Arenas
- (BETA) Player Reporting feature has been added
- “Quick Chat Only” filter has been added to Text Chat options
- Russian and Turkish language support has been added
- Multiple outstanding bugs have been fixed
Changes that have effect on Competitve Online/Online
- “Ranked” Playlist has been renamed “Competitive” Playlist
- Season 1 has ended! Limited Edition Crowns have been distributed to all participants in Season 1 Ranked Play based on your highest division across all Ranked playlist when Season 1 ends.
- Competitive Skill Divisions have replaced Rank Points and the Season 1 Ranking System. There are twelve skill divisions. Over time you can be promoted or demoted between divisions based on your performance.
- Top 100 Leaderboards are now based on your skill rating, similar to the Preseason.
- Placement matches have been implemented. For each ranked queue, you play ten placement games and are then sorted into a skill division based on your performance.
- Ranked Reconnect has been added to the game. Players who lose connection during a competitive rocket league match will now be given the option to reconnect to their previous game.
- “Rocket Labs” experimental playlist is now available for casual Online play
- A new rotating casual playlist called “Rocket Labs” is now available! Labs features prototype layouts that use temporary art assets. This allows us to release and gather feedback on new designs much more rapidly than we could otherwise.
- Three Lab Maps are now available in the “Rocket Labs” playlist and Private Matches:
- Utopia Retro
- Double Goal
- New “Uncommon” Item Drops will now be found uncommonly after online matches. This “Uncommon” item quality features all-new Hats and Antennas for you to discover and equip!
- Unlike previous seasonal rare drops, these new items don’t have a fixed drop chance after each match. Your chances to find an item after a game will increase for every minute you play until you find something, and then your chance will reset.
- Uncommon unlocks are only only awarded after a complete game in online playlists (They are not available for unlock offline modes or in Private matches)
- Multiple copies of the same “Uncommon” item can be collected, illustrated with a count number in the Garage UI
- There is a maximum of ten hours of playtime per week that can earn items, so don’t bother trying to idle your way to a full inventory!
- (BETA) Player Reporting option has been added and can be accessed via the mid-game menu. You can report players who are being offensive and the full chat log of the match will be submitted along with your report for administrative review.
- “Wasteland” arena has been added to the arena rotation for Competitive Playlists
Season 2 is coming next week. No other words for it. Get ready. Keep in mind that Rocket Labs will also be included in this update. Three new maps to play with!