Rocket League deployed V1.27 tonight with a massive 1.1GB patch. Which suggests that more content is hidden in this patch.
In short. This is what they have added/fixed in the game as of now:
- Added Utopia Coliseum (Snowy) into the Snow Day Playlist
- An experimental goal-post collision fix has been deployed
- Removed the “GO!” counter in Custom Training
- ‘Seamless Bot Replacement’ in Unranked online matches should now work as originally intended
- Fixed an issue where players were stuck in the Replay Menu after deleting certain replays
- Fixed an issue where selecting ‘Free Play’ forced the Loading Screen
- Fixed an issue where Emoji entry on Xbox One was not displaying in some cases
- UI scale setting in options should now save on PlayStation 4
- Fix for rank label updating for division text and changing colors
FYI: The cars that are hidden in this update are going to be unlocked on July 18 (Esper, Masamune, Marauder, Aftershock)
4 features that are coming in this update are the new Quick Chat Options, Ingame spotlights, new Rocket Labs map called Pillars and last but not least: The Trade-in system with the themed map called Neo Tokyo.
Full patchnotes (including the locked content) can be found here
This might have something to do with the bugreport on Reddit a couple of days ago. Hopefully the patchnotes will reveal more.
Most of you are enjoying the Season 2 update that came out yesterday (or early morning). And with every update that is coming out, there are always little bugs creeping in the update messing everything up.
User Coldphan has made a big bug report topic on Reddit about the bugs post patch 1.11 and he needs our help! So send in your bugs (if possible with video proof) to let the Rocket League devs know what is going on. They are actively monitoring the subreddit!
It’s been a while since Rocket League did a #RLNews but today is a good day! More info about the ending of Season One and what items you will be getting!
If you haven’t ranked up yet to Bronze or higher, we suggest you do it right now. Only then you will be getting the special topper as seen above. The Topper will be in the color of your highest achieved rank. (solo, solo standard, 2v2)
You will receive this items once the next patch in February will arrive. This will automatically mean that season One will end with the patch update.
Rocket League will also undergo a slight change when it comes to displaying items. Items will now be categorized in common (stock), Premium (paid DLC) and Limited (Special Events). With the new upcoming patch they will also introduce the Uncommon items. These items will be randomly awarded when you complete an online match in Rocket League. Rocket League promises new rare Toppers and Antenna’s for you to unlock.
Rocket League added to the upcoming Uncommon items update a small explanation:
One interesting thing to note is that the new “Uncommon Item’s” drop-rate won’t have a fixed percentage like the seasonal items do. Instead, your chances of getting an “Uncommon Item” increases the longer you play the game. After earning an Uncommon Item, the time then resets and you start all over again in your quest to get another one. This should give players who spend a lot of time playing some sweet new loot to accompany them along the way. — Rocket League
Also, Rocket League will share some new hot info on Friday the 22nd. We assume this will be about Season 2, new DLC and more info about what 2016 will bring us!
Sources: Rocket League Twitter and Rocket League Steam
Chaos Run DLC is available NOW on 4 and ! Patch rolls out first.
It’s that time of the month again. A new patch is rolled out with some interesting items! Of course if you buy the Chaos RUN DLC you will get 2 new Battle-Cars along with some extra’s. But what else is in this update?
- Added “Chaos Run” DLC Pack, including…
- (DLC) Exclusive “Grog” and “Ripper” Battle-Cars
- (DLC) Six Decals for each new vehicle
- (DLC) Two new Paint Types: “Camo,” and “Sun-Damaged”
- (DLC) Two new Wheels: “Grog” and “Ripper”
- (DLC) Two new Rocket Trails: “Nuts & Bolts” and “Sandstorm”
- (DLC) Three new Toppers: “Boombox, Cow Skull,” and “Mohawk,”
- (DLC) Three new Antenna Toppers: “Bomb Pole, Radioactive,” and “Retro Ball – Wasteland”
- Added “Wasteland” Arena
- Added three new Portal themed Rocket Trails
- Added six new Portal themed Video Game Antennas
Looks like this will keep us busy for the coming two weeks. Remember that on December 14 the Winter Games will kick-off. Details can be found here
Full patch notes can be found here.
HEADS UP: We’ve begun rolling out PC Patch v1.08a on Steam. Full details here: — Rocket League
A small 19MB patch has been released for the Steam users. This update should have better effect on the controls. Such as the detection and compatibility.