A question we heard a lot these past few hours. To make an end to the mother of all questions. Here’s what Corey had to say.
Update not out yet!
Which means that the update will drop somewhere between midnight and 1 or 2 AM in Europe. Take the advice from Corey and don’t wait up.
Also a statement from Psyonix on the /r/Rocketleague subreddit
And oh, on a sidenote:
A busy day for the Rocket League team. Patch 1.05 that rolled out today is downloaded by millions of players and is a huge success. Although the time it takes for the servers to be back at full speed is taking more time than expected.
UPDATE: v1.05 server roll-out continues. NA players have more availability, EU still behind schedule. Apologies for the extended delay. — Rocket League
It seems that the NA servers (America side) are beginning to open up again, and players will be entering the new Ranked Season mode. The EU side however is still taking some time. Its now 12:15AM here and no luck getting into a Ranked server. So it seems the EU players have to wait a little bit more. Come back in the morning!
HEADS UP: Update v1.05 is rolling out NOW (11am PT). This process could take up to two hours — Rocket League
It’s finally here. The update we’ve waited on for a week since the announcement. While the update is rolled out, servers could get some kind of laggy. So bear with us.
People who are trying to get into Rocket League, but instantly getting kicked out. Try this method:
For those of you being kicked when immediately starting the game, it’s because the patch is still rolling out. Should be done by 1pm PT — Rocket League
A quick roundup on what Rocket League has put in update 1.05:
- Ranked Season 1 Officially begins
- Added multiple Ranked Season Divisions with post-Season Division placement rewards
- Added “Ranked Solo Standard” back to the Online match queue
- Made multiple improvements and adjustments to the Utopia Coliseum arena
- PC players can now filter PlayStation 4 players out of matchmaking search
- Added Music Player interface to all menu screens
- Added “Featured Video” to in-game blog roll
- Added multiple “Spectate” mode improvements
- Added 12 new Community Flags, 2 new Chivalry Flags, and 20+ new Country Flags
- Repaired sound-related crash scenario that caused the game to crash on the loading screen after multiple matches
Full patchnotes can be found here: Rocket League Patchnotes