Rocket League just announced the time of the update. Lucky for us Europeans, we don’t have to wait that long!
Rocket League has dropped the patch notes for the upcoming Aquadome update. New in this patch are the 2 DLC cars, Series III crate and achievements!
For a full rundown on the patchnotes take a look at the RocketLeagueGame.com website. With the V1.24 patchnote there are also more unnoticeable changes, for a full rundown please see the official website. Here’s the short rundown.
CHANGES AND UPDATES
- “Champions Crate III” series can now be found rarely after online matches.
- The new Crate features all-new items including the “Breakout Type-S” Import Body.
- The “Road Hog” and “Hotshot” Battle-Cars have received a visual upgrade.
- Hotshot’s handling and hitbox have been standardized against similar cars (Dominus, Breakout).
- Road Hog is unchanged aside from the visual updates.
- Rumble Mode has received a few balance adjustments to the Spike power-up.
- The Plunger and Haymaker power-ups can now affect a ball attached to a player by spikes. They do not detach the ball from the player, but can disrupt the ball’s trajectory and take the player with it.
- Players using the Spike power-up with an attached ball are now slightly less agile than before.
- The “Cosmic” arena in the “Rocket Labs” playlist has been updated.
- Goals have increased in size to be consistent with other arenas.
- Walls are now standard (vertically straight) instead of angled.
- The bottom wall curves touching the floor are now standardized with other maps.
- The top wall curves touching the ceiling are now standardized with other maps.
- Ceiling height has been reduced.
- The “Octagon” arena in the “Rocket Labs” playlist has been updated.
- The “corners” between wall sections are now smoother to make it easier to push the ball around the wall curves.
- The bottom wall curves touching the floor near the goals have been adjusted to better match standard map layouts.
- Fixed an issue in Rumble mode with the Magnetizer and Spike power-ups that caused statistics for Ball Touches to be artificially increased.
- Fixed an issue in Rumble mode that caused goals to be incorrectly credited after a player touched the ball with the Magnetizer or Spike power-ups.
The #AquaDome update will hit the waters of Rocket League October 4th and will bring free redesigns, new achievements and a new series crate!
It seems that the amount of content that Rocket League is pumping into this game is getting bigger and bigger! Not only will this update bring a new map, new cars and new trophies, it will go even further with new content.
A new series crate will make it’s appearance in the update. The Breakout Type S looks like it’s going to win a lot of hearts within the community. Not only will it feature a new Battle Car, expect new trails, wheels and decals also!
Rocket League is also expanding it’s achievements by adding seven new ones. Here’s a list of them:
- GG – Win the MVP award in a game that goes to overtime (PS4 – Bronze, XB1 – 25pts)
- Trifecta – Score a Goal, Save a shot, and Assist a teammate in a single game (PS4 – Bronze, XB1 – 25pts)
- Infinite Power! – Activate every power-up in Rocket League Rumble (PS4 – Bronze, XB1 – 25pts)
- Stopped Cold – Freeze an opponent’s shot before it can score (PS4 – Bronze, XB1 – 25pts)
- Sea Turtle – Head to AquaDome and score a goal while flipped on your back (PS4 – Bronze, XB1 – 25pts)
- Get Up, Mr. Bubbles! – Equip the Bubbles Rocket Trail and Score an Aerial goal, while playing in AquaDome (PS4 – Silver, XB1 – 50pts)
- Rocket Genocider – Make 535 Shots on Goal (PS4 – Gold, XB1 – 75pts)
This is only a fraction of the news. If you want the full rundown. Be sure to check their Aquadome information page at RocketLeagueGame.com